Hi everyone! My F.A.S.T program is really taking shape. I have decided that it will involve a variety of circuit training exercises. Little or no equipment is needed especially if the students practice sit-ups, lunges, burpees, and squats. There will be many movement options (yoga) and other exercises (bicep curls, tricep extensions). This program is a cheap way to become physically active compared to expensive gym fees. It is easily modifiable for different abilities and can be a stepping stone for other activities. Most elementary schools’ gyms and resources will work. So, I am really excited about my project. I am confident that my ideas will help meet female students’ physical activity needs. Their objectives will be to have fun, create their own circuits, and understand how to set realistic personal goals.
Today in tech, I felt that I was really making progress by experimenting with ways to use digital technologies as learning tools. A few examples are Coggle, Storybird, Timetoast, and Haiku Deck. Have a look at how I used Coggle, a mind map tool to facilitate learning for my GH project. Visually, I like how this mind-mapping web application looks like a tree and can produce a rich learning experience for any concept and for anyone. As I move forward, my job is to support students in seeing the potential for deep learning through the use of a wide variety of technologies. I keep thinking that technology will continue to change at a very fast rate and as a future educator, I will embrace these evolving opportunities to support different phases of exploration. Now, it is time to start prepping for my TED Talk. Good luck with yours, everybody!
Hey Matt!
ReplyDeleteI really enjoyed exploring your genius hour project! You and I have similar goals as future educators - to get our students more physically active! Maybe we can collaborate our ideas and become a force to be reckoned with!
As for your entire digital portfolio, I like how organized, clean and simple you have kept your blog. I see that you have used your blog for other courses, and think you are doing a great job at creating a positive digital footprint. Your artifacts are full of valued educational information, allowing readers to engage quite easily to the information you are providing in your posts. As for your reflections, it is visible that throughout the 6 week class you have gained confidence in your genius hour question and blogging abilities. Great job!
I hope that your F.A.S.T program is brought into the classroom. If you ever need someone to bounce ideas off of I am more than happy to work together!
Ally