Tuesday, 20 September 2016

Genius Hour

     My Genius Hour topic: What kind of fitness program would keep adolescent girls interested in physical activity? My goal is to encourage females to become more active when there is a tendency for activity levels to drop off. I want to create an environment for girls that is fun, social, and motivating. This program has to be affordable, adaptable and non-competitive.
     I hope that this Genius Hour (GH) project will inspire and help me to understand the GH concept as a valuable learning activity. It will give me the confidence to integrate GH into my instruction across the curriculum. My wish is to increase student engagement. Since fitness is something that I am passionate about, I want that excitement to be transferred to females.
     My progress will be measured by timeline expectations. By the end of Week 1, I plan to research fitness programs. Depending on the research, I hope to outline an idea for the program, name it, and determine where it can be implemented by Week 2. Weeks 3 and 4 will be used to refine the program. By the 5th week, the program will be in its final form and I will present it.
     I am motivated to answer my research question because physical activity is important to me. It has so many benefits; physically, mentally and physiologically, more energy, fights off illness and reduces stress. This gives me the opportunity to explore fitness, and concentrate on a target group that presents a challenge. Perhaps, I will find a new way to keep females interested in physical activity and that will help solve stereotypical problems associated with traditional physical education classes.
     Today, I put Google slides on my blog.  This was easier than I thought.  I learned how to embed my google slides onto my blog and I found this simple to do.
     I would use Powtoon slides in my classroom presentations in place of traditional tools. The Powtoon slides are a great way to use creative technology with teaching. The graphics are animated characters and I think it would grab students' attention quickly. The slides can be adapted or manipulated to suit anyone's needs for different age groups and grades. I think they would appeal to visual learners. Templates are available or they can be customized. Powtoon slides offer choices of text, images,characters, props and music. In my opinion, this will increase student engagement and excitement.

No comments:

Post a Comment